A New Level of Monitoring Accuracy!
The M-Audio EX66 monitor is the culmination of years of research developing cutting-edge high-definition active reference monitor technology. The EX66's midwoofer-tweeter-midwoofer (MTM) design yields a wide sweet spot while minimizing room reflections. The unique low-frequency drivers and custom titanium high-frequency driver deliver exceptional smoothness and transparency across the entire audio band, without resonant peaks - and the drivers are impervious to environmental conditions such as heat, humidity, and sunlight.
M-Audio EX66 Studio Monitor at a Glance:
- Onboard DSP optimizes monitor for accurate frequency response
- Midwoofer-tweeter-midwoofer configuration provides wide sweet spot
- Bi-amplified with 200 watts per channel
Onboard DSP optimizes monitor for accurate frequency response
Onboard DSP handles cabinet resonance tuning and crossover optimization to round out an incredibly accurate frequency response. Digital inputs compatible with up to 24-bit/192kHz signals and high-impedance balanced analog inputs insure that your signal path is entirely pristine. Both the specs and the sound are unrivaled at any price, let alone this value. The M-Audio EX66 represents a new high-resolution standard for both 2-channel and multichannel applications.
Wide sweet spot
The EX66 employs midwoofer-tweeter-midwoofer(MTM) configuration to yield a wide sweet spot with reduced room reflections. The two 6" custom linear-piston woofers deliver high durability with exceptional definition and precision. The EX66's 1" titanium-dome tweeter produces smooth transparency without high-frequency smearing
Bi-amplified with 200 watts per channel
The bi-amplified EX66 delivers 200 watts PWM power per channel. S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital inputs allow up to 24-bit/192kHz signals for total digital studio connectivity, while high-impedance inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced) handle analog signals. 32-bit digital signal processing lets you tune cabinets and crossovers for extremely accurate frequency response with no resonant peaks.
M-Audio EX66 Studio Monitor Features:
- MTM configuration yields wide sweet spot with reduced room reflections
- Two 6" custom linear-piston woofers deliver high durability with exceptional definition and precision
- 1" titanium dome tweeter produces smooth transparency without high-frequency smearing
- Bi-amplified with 200 watts PWM power per channel
- DSP-tuned cabinets and crossovers for extremely accurate frequency response with no resonant peaks
- high-impedance analog inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced)
- S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital input up to 24-bit/192kHz for total digital studio connectivity
- 32-bit digital signal processing
- OptImage II high-frequency wave guide minimizes diffraction
- Acoustic Space control optimizes low-frequency response based on room placement
- Soft limiter circuit to prevent clipping
- Calibrated volume control/input sensitivity control
- High-frequency roll-off/boost switch
- Mid-range "presence" switch (low-Q dip or peak)
- low-cutoff switch (37Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz)
- Custom-designed MDF cabinet
- Internal adiabatic foam absorbs standing waves and enhances low-frequency response and efficiency
- Dual flange rear-port design to minimize air turbulence and associated friction noise
- Additional Information